Today, I’ll let you delight in a few European walnut recipes that you’ll find absolutely delicious.
So let’s see what we have:
Macaroni with Walnut Sauce
This one was brought to me as a casserole by an old, Romanian friend of mine. And I have to come clean with something: my taste buds exploded once I tried it out. I bet yours will, too.
- 1 package of macaroni (or any other pasta that you have)
- 12 oz. walnuts
- 3-4 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoons of butter
- Put the macaroni to boil in salt water as instructed on the package.
- Once they have boiled, drain them of water, put them in a sieve and rinse them under a stream of cold water, then let them drain.
- Meanwhile, in a pot mix the walnuts, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- In another pan, melt the butter and add the walnut composition, stirring well, so that the flavors combine.
- After 2-3 minutes, add the macaroni over the walnut sauce and mix gently.
Avocado and Walnut Fruit Salad
This salad is full of protein and antioxidants, which makes it a delicious breakfast with an exotic, contrasting taste that can give your family the energy you need at the beginning of the day.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 10 oz. of walnuts
- arugula salad
- 5 oz. of parmesan cheese
For dressing: 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of honey
- Pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes.
- Then put the walnuts in a heat-resistant bowl in the oven for up to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the salad, clean the mango and the avocado and cut them into pieces and put them in a bowl.
- Add the walnuts and dressing and mix well.
- Grate the parmesan on top.
Oat and Nut Granola
- 5 oz. shelled walnuts
- 5 oz. whole almonds
- 10-12 dates
- a handful of raisins
- 2 oz. goji berries (available from health-food shops and some supermarkets)
- 7 oz. oats
- 5 oz. golden linseed
- 1½ oz. bran
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Handful of hemp seeds
- a pinch ground cinnamon
- Start by roughly chopping all of the ingredients and removing the stones, where necessary.
- And in the meantime preheat the oven to 325F.
- Take the bran, the oats and the linseed and spread them across a baking tray.
- This is my favorite part: drizzle the maple syrup on top of everything, so that they can caramelize in the oven.
- Bake them for 15 minutes, while shaking the tray a bit every now and then, to prevent the oats from burning.
- After 15 minutes take the tray out of the oven and you’ll see that it has a wonderful, golden look.
- Wait for it to cool off and then place it in a bowl where you’ll mix it with the rest of the ingredients: the chopped walnuts, raisins, dates, goji, hemp seeds and cinnamon.
You can even shape them into bars and consume them with one teaspoon of peanut butter and bananas.
You can add anything you like to the recipe, like dried apricots, cranberries, pistachio, blueberries, chocolate chips or even sprinkles, but make sure you don’t go overboard with chocolate.
Voila! You’ve just made your very own, healthy and delicious granola.
As you can see, walnuts can make for truly delicious food additions. Do you know of any other mouthwatering walnut recipes?
Let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE.
To your health!