What is your favorite beverage? Mine is tea; I’m a tea fanatic.
I just love to search for new kinds of plants and herbs, and I have quite a collection of them in my pantry.
Each day I choose the tea which can provide me with the benefits that I’m looking for. I do this as a morning ritual with my lovely wife.
This healthy brew is made with an Indian plant scientifically called Tinospora cordifolia.
It’s also known under the names of heart-leaved moonseed, guduchi, giloy, and many others.
Its abundant medicinal properties were known since the ancient times, but its abilities have only been recognized by the western medicine just recently. This herb is safe to consume, and it’s also approved by the Food and Drug Administration. You can also take giloy in the form of juice, powder or even capsules.
7 Reasons You Should Start Drinking Giloy Tea
- It boosts your immunity due to its high content of antioxidants which fight free radicals and bacteria that causes diseases, while maintaining the health of your cells.
- Giloy combats liver diseases and urinary tract infections because it accelerates the removal of toxins and purifies your blood.
- It improves your digestion and treats bowel related issues like constipation and diarrhea. If you want to treat constipation, mix half a gram of giloy powder with some amla or jiggery juice.
- Giloy reduces mental stress and anxiety due to its adaptogenic properties. It also boosts your memory and you can use it as a health tonic when you combine it with other herbs.
- It’s a great ally in treating respiratory problems and arthritis because it has very potent anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties.I recommend you to consume a boiled mixture of giloy powder with milk two times a day to significantly reduce joint pain. You can also use it along with ginger to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
- Giloy reduces the signs of aging by significantly reducing dark spots, pimples, fine lines, and wrinkles. It gives you the flawless, glowing skin that you’ve always wanted.
- It treats diabetes because giloy has the capacity of acting as a hypoglycemic agent and thus lowering your high glucose levels.
Harness This Plants Myriad of Health Benefits by Making Tea this Way
- Add a tablespoon of guduchi powder to two cups (16 oz) of water.
- Then boil it until the water is reduced to half a cup (2 oz).
- Filter it and drink the concoction within eight hours of preparation.
There are no serious side effects of consuming giloy since it is a natural and safe herbal remedy.
Nevertheless, avoid consuming it for more than two months in a row.
Furthermore, if you are diabetic, pregnant or breastfeeding, you should consult your physician on how to take this herb properly because its properties are very potent.
Have you ever tried this herb before?
Are you thinking of giving it a go?
Don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE.
To your health!