I’m about to share with you will make your life incredible. Today you will learn how to use different types of breathing to your advantage.
I know how much pressure society puts on you.
It may feel sometimes that it’s just too much to handle or that there is so much weight on your shoulders that you just don’t know what to do…
I know how it feels to have too much on your plate and not knowing how to deal with it.
I lived through some grim moments when my dear wife Caroline was hospitalized and not getting any better.
While she was getting weaker and weaker, I realized I had to be strong for her and our family.
And I also had to find something that would calm me down so that I can process the situation and find a solution.
And after some research, I found the holy grail of mind tricks – breathing techniques.
Your body is programmed to work in a certain way and by mastering just three simple breathing techniques you can control your nerves when you sleep and give yourself an extra mental boost.
If you’ve never done any breathing techniques before, you should start small and build bigger.
Here are some great tricks for you:
- Choose a quiet place where you can sit or lie comfortably.
- Try to practice every day for 5 or 10 minutes in the morning. If you feel like it, you can extend the practice time.
- Practice the breathing techniques always at the same time of the day, for example before bed, or when waking up. This will make it easier for you to get the hang of it.
Now you are ready to learn the techniques that will give you control over your body.
#1 Alternate breathing technique will help you dramatically improve your focus and concentration.
How to do it:
- Place your fingers on your nostrils as if you were to cover your nose.
- When you inhale, lightly move a finger to cover one of the nostrils.
- When you exhale, open the nostril that you had closed and at the same time with a single movement of the hand, close the opposite nostril.
To visualize it better, form with your hand the letter C and make lateral movements, from right to left alternately covering a nostril at a time.
There are variants of this technique.
You can alternate the order of the inhale-exhale nostrils.
For example, you can inhale on the left, exhale on the right, and then inhale on the right and then exhale on the left.
I advise you to not do this exercise before bed because it might keep you up since it fills you with energy.
#2 Complete breathing technique will help you conquer your anxiety almost immediately.
How to do it:
- Place your hand on your chest and the other one on your belly.
- Inhale and let your chest rise first.
- Hold the air and expel it through your mouth.
- Repeat a couple of times.
- Now, with your hands in the same position, try to raise your belly instead of your chest.
- Repeat a couple of times more.
- Then, when inhaling, make sure you raise your belly first and then your chest.
When you get used to it, you should perform complete breaths with a slight pause between inhalation and exhalation.
Each breathing process should last the same.
You can also do this breathing technique when you find yourself in a difficult situation or before a panic attack.
It will soothe your nerves and you’ll become more relaxed and settled in the present moment.
#3 Fall asleep whenever you desire by using this simple breathing trick.
How to do it:
- Place one hand on your chest and one hand on your abdomen.
- Inhale through the nose in four takes, making sure that it is your belly that swells (not your chest).
- Exhale through your nose in four other takes.
- If you feel like it, you can extend both inhalation and exhalation to 5 or 6 takes.
- Then you can perform two or three normal breaths and return to inhalation and exhalation in 4 or 6 breaths.
- You can repeat this cycle five or six times.
Extra Tip: Counting your breaths helps you keep unwanted thoughts from interfering with your sleep.
Don’t worry if you do not get it on your first try, with practice you will get better and better.
Start practicing and soon enough (if not today) you will relish in their extraordinary effects.
Don’t pass on the opportunity to control your body and improve the quality of your life.
Trust me, I’ve been doing these breathing techniques for 20 years and I’ve never looked back.
I can’t wait for you to tell me how beneficial these breathing hacks have been for you.
Please share with me your thoughts in the comment section.
Also, your feedback is very important to me, it lets me know what your interests are so that I can continue passing along the information that you need.
To your health!