If you like turnips, then you’ll also enjoy the Swedish turnips, also known as rutabagas.
These root vegetables, which were first discovered in Sweden, in 1620, are actually hybrids between cabbage and turnips. And simply put, they contain the best out of those two vegetables.
Health Benefits of Rutabagas
They’re chockfull of super-nutrients and scientists believe that they’re so potent that they may help prevent cancer.
This might be owed to the fact that rutabagas contain:
- almost all known vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, C, E, K, Choline) – Also, did you know that they provide you with 50% of the recommended daily dose of vitamin C?
- minerals (calcium, sodium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, potassium, sulfur, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium)
- exceptional fiber content (17 % of the daily required value makes rutabaga one of the world’s best foods for digestion)
- as well as proteins, fats, sugar and pectin
All in all, they’re great for your blood pressure. They’re great for your bones. They’re great for your digestive system, and cognitive health.
They’re also a rich source of fiber, but they’re very low in calories, so it’s no wonder as to why athletes prefer to consume these to maintain or to lose weight.
What’s more, rutabagas are:
- are very good for the digestive system
- are helpful in maintaining weight
- provide your body with essential nutrients
- give the immune system a natural boost
- stimulate the production of collagen in the skin, so they have quite the powerful anti-aging property
So try consuming them at least two times per week to benefit from their therapeutic properties.
Now, let’s move on to…
Holistic Healing Remedies with RutabagasChronic Constipation Remedy
Consume 250 grams of mashed rutabagas, or 100 grams of sliced rutabagas, baked in the oven, twice per week.
Faulty Digestive Process Remedy (Problems with The Gastrointestinal Tract)
Cut the slices and boil them in two cups of water (in which you pre-add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice). Let it infuse under the lid for 20-25 of minutes, and use it in case of problems with your gastrointestinal tract.
Related: Horseradish Health Benefits
Inflammatory Lung Diseases Remedy
Take 3 rutabagas and grate them. Then, put them all on a sterilized gauze and squeeze the juice. To improve the taste, you can add fresh blueberries or currants juice. Drink the resulting beverage 3-4 times/day, every time preparing a fresh drink.
You can also use this remedy and drink 100 grams of rutabaga juice, 3-4 times/day to treat anemia and atherosclerosis.
Remedy for Burns and Purulent Wounds
Put the rutabagas on a fine grater, then place them on a gauze. Use that gauze as a compress and place it on the affected areas.
Remedy for Colds and Coughing
Cut one rutabagas into small pieces and put them all in the blender, then mix it with honey (in a ratio of 2:1). Consume one tablespoon of this mixture half an hour before meals.
So have you tried rutabaga yet?
Why do you think about it?
I look forward to reading your replies and don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE.
To your health!