Right as we speak, you are at an increased risk of developing cancer… And it’s because of something that you’re using every single day…
Did you know that many cleaning products that you use pose a dangerous threat to your health?
That’s right, the detergents, window and floor cleaners, dish soaps,(the list can go on) are putting you and your family at risk.
You may believe that they help kill the fatal yeast or bacteria on our hands and that they smell good, but in fact, they are a hazard to human health.
What about beauty and body cleaning products? They should be safe, right?
Unfortunately, not even they are off the hook. Common products like shampoos, shower gels, hand soaps, and even creams and cosmetics are filled to the brim with highly toxic compounds.
These chemicals in time can inflict:
- skin allergies
- various types of cancers
- and increase immunity to certain bacteria and viruses
Simply put, beauty and cleaning products can destroy your health and your doctors could shrug their shoulders not knowing the real cause of your ailments.
So, you may end up on a wild-goose chase trying to find out the real cause of why you got sick…
But, you are not the only one who falls prey to these products.
Unfortunately, my wife fell victim to them, as well… even though she has always been the one to never catch a cold. Her immunity has always been iron strong.
Out of the blue, she started having weird red patches of skin and experiencing rashes that always seemed to come back with a vengeance.
Things became worse when my best friend Josh told me his three old grandson Michael experiences asthma-like flare-ups whenever he visits him.
I couldn’t figure out why… when it suddenly hit me.
You see, Michael enjoys having everything in his house squeaky clean. He may even clean the floors three times a day. He is obsessed with cleaning.
Just like Jett Travolta’s parents may have been.
The Heartbreaking Story of John Travolta’s Son
In 2009 everyone was shocked to hear about the tragic and unexpected death of John Travolta’s son, Jett. Although the cause of death was due to a seizure that made the poor boy hit his head, there was another thing that his mother said to the reporters that made me and other people think:
“Preston, who also said Jett suffered from asthma, blamed household cleaners, fertilizers and pesticides for sparking the condition and lobbied for more detailed labeling on chemical products.”
This sparked an interest and I decided to search some more. What I uncovered left me speechless.
Research supported by the Health Institute Carlos III/European Regional Development Fund and the Global Allergy and Asthma European Network concluded that ->
Cleaning products cause adverse respiratory effects, particularly asthma.
Another study published in the Environmental Health Perspectives claims that:
„Consumer products in the home can be a significant source of hormone-disrupting chemicals “.
Various other studies have shown that the harsh ingredients found in cleaning products are irritant and can provoke rashes to the skin.
And if you already suffer from a number of conditions and affections, this can prove FATAL to you.
But fear not, there are certain things that you can do to limit your exposure to these deadly chemicals.
Watch Out for these Life-Threatening Ingredients
Act, fast! Grab the first beauty or cleaning product at hand and take a look at the label.
Can you see the following compounds listed there?
BHA / BHT
It’s a skin lightener usually found in moisturizers and makeup (ex: lipstick) as preservatives.
- Is considered by the National Toxicology Program and the International Agency for Research on Cancer as a carcinogen.
- Can induce allergic reactions in the skin. 1
- Interferes with hormone function based on research done by the European Commission on Endocrine Disruption 2
This substance is usually found in sunscreens and it causes:
Formaldehyde (Releasing Preservatives)
Formally used to balm the dead, now it is used as preservatives in a wide range of cosmetics, as well as an ingredient in nail products, hair dye, fake eyelash adhesives, and shampoos.
Health hazards of Formaldehyde:
- Triggers cancer. 6
- Damages the brain. 7
- Induces allergic reactions.
- Interferes with normal growth and development in children.
- Causes asthma. 8
Attention! This substance could be hiding under the name of DMDM hydantoin, Diazolidinyl urea, imidazolidinyl urea, methenamine, quaternium-15, and sodium hydroxymethylglycinate.
This substance is derived from petroleum (a fossil fuel from which they also make plastic!!!).
And is extensively used in cosmetics, hair dyes, dry skin treatments, anti-lice and anti-dandruff shampoos, also listed as a color plus number, i.e. FD&C Red No. 6.
Health hazards of Coal Tar:
- Toxic to the brain.
- Human carcinogen – it has been linked to tumors in laboratory tests conducted by the S. National Cancer Institute.
- Responsible for increasing the risk of developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (cancer of the lymph system).
- Not approved by the FDA for use in food (although it may be ingested-lipstick).
- It’s not to be used anywhere near your eyes, because it can trigger irreversible problems, such as blindness. 9
Be careful: You can also find it under the names of aminophenol, diaminobenzene, and phenylenediamine.
PEG Compounds (Propylene glycol, polyethylene glycols, or polyoxyethylene)
They are widely used in cosmetic products as cream bases (among others).
The issue is that PEG compounds are often contaminated with 1,4-dioxane and ethylene oxide, both known carcinogens.
Health hazards of PEG Compounds:
- Increase the risk of leukemia, breast, brain, and uterine cancers. 10
- Promotes liver, skin, and lung tumors, and carcinomas of the gallbladder. 11
Attention: Watch out for words containing “–eth” or “–oxynol” in them because they might very well be one of these dangerous PEG compounds.
Some cosmetics use it to lighten the skin, also found in mascara and some eye drops.
Health hazards of Mercury:
- It impairs brain development and is an allergen. 12
Attention: Don’t buy products with “calomel”, “Mercurio”, “Mercurio chloride” or just plain old “mercury”.
Although it is one of the most toxic substances for skin, it’s still used for lightening the skin.
Health hazards of Hydroquinone:
- A skin disease called ochronosis that features black and blue lesions that can become permanent.
- Linked to cancer and reproductive toxicity. 13
Mostly found in many antibacterial hand soaps, hand sanitizers, and even deodorants, skin cleansers, toothpaste, and detergents.
Health hazards of Triclosan :
- Disrupts the endocrine system.
- Contributes to antibiotic resistance in bacteria. 14
These substances are found in many beauty products and cleaning products as preservatives.
Health hazards of Parabens:
- Cause infertility in both men and women.
- Promote slowed growth and developmental disorders in children.
- Disrupt the endocrine system.
- Increase the risk of developing cancers. 15
This term is used to indicate a mixture of ingredients that cosmetic companies don’t have to legally tell you about.
Health hazards of Fragrance:
- Cause severe allergic reactions.
- Inflict asthma.
- Cause breathing difficulties.
- Promote various cancers.
- Trigger headaches and dizziness. 16
These are present in many fragrances, perfumes, deodorants, and lotions.
Health hazards of Phthalates:
- Disrupt the endocrine system. 17
- Produce liver, kidney, and lung damage.
- Increase the risk of breast cancer. 18
- Promote cancer. 19
These can be found in a variety of cosmetics that soften, smooth, and moisten.
Health hazards of Siloxanes:
- Disrupt your hormones.
- Interfere with fertility and libido.
- Are harmful to fish and other wildlife. 20
Sodium Lauryl (Laureth) Sulfate / Ether / SLS / SLES
It was formerly used as an industrial degreaser, now it’s manufactured to make soap foamy.
Health hazards of Sodium Lauryl:
- May be corrupted with carcinogens and other chemicals that are absorbed into the body and irritates skin.
- Damages your nervous system. 21
I urge you to read every label of every product that you have and check if they contain any of these harmful substances.
99.9% of the times – they do.
And you have to be extremely careful. Over time, their side effects can be devastating and turn your entire health upside down.
You will be astonished by the number of different ways you can make your own beauty and cleaning products, without running the risk of developing life-ending conditions.
What do you think?
Did it ever occur to you that these common products could be so dangerous?
Share with me your opinion in the comment section below and hit the LIKE button if you enjoyed this article.
Also, don’t forget to SHARE.
To your health!