We all love snacks, and the healthier they are, the more I enjoy them.
But sometimes it’s so hard to find healthy snacks that you’re left with no option other than buying what is available.
And this becomes a problem when you have kids or grandchildren at home. They are insatiable.
So, my wife and I decided to trick them by turning those chemically filled chips into some healthy and mouth-watering homemade snacks.
Bonus: It’s easy to make and it takes only 20 minutes.
Check it out for yourself!
Organic Veggie Chips – Healthy Christmas Snack
- 1 Medium Golden Beetroot
- 1 Medium Beetroot
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Small Sweet Potato
- 1 Small Rutabaga or turnip
- 1/2 tsp sea salt Adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper Adjust to taste
- 1 spritz Oil Optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice all the veggies into uniformly thin slices with a knife or mandoline.
- In a bowl, toss them with the oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Spread out on baking pan(s) lined with parchment paper, minimizing overlap. Bake for 10 minutes at 400F. Flip.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes until crispy and slightly brown but not burnt.
- Watch them carefully and even remove some early if they are browning before the others.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
Now they are ready to be served!
What do you think?
Here are other healthy snacks:
I look forward to reading your replies and don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE.
To your health!