Anyone battling chronic pains knows that there’s so much more to them than just the pain. If you are one of the victims, then the following are sadly familiar to you
- Mental, physical and emotional tiredness
- Visual auras
- Limb discoloration
- Swollen limbs
- Blurred vision
“It’s a constant torment.” Is what most of my patients told me before giving them a natural, safer, and more effective remedy.
Conventional Pain Management – A Real Issue
It gets to a point where no pills or drugs can take away your sensations. And unfortunately, conventional medicine has a very impractical and life-threatening perspective towards pain management.
Popping painkillers and opioids to treat chronic pain is dangerous. It can put you at risk of 1:
- kidney failure
- stomach ulcers
- Reye’s syndrome
- Liver and kidney damage
- Itching or sweating
- weakened immune system
And there’s something worse that comes along with long term opioid and painkiller use.
That’s tolerance and addiction. You see, after takin these drugs for so long, your body gets used to them, so you’d have to take higher and higher doses to feel their effect.
Moreover, it will become harder and harder for you to stop taking them because they are incredibly addictive and you might feel incredibly dreadful by not taking them.
Furthermore, recent research has shown that people with Alzheimer are more sensitive to opioids and they experience more side effects than a person without dementia. 2
Nature’s Medicine Cabinet: Pain Free Section
If you want a safer, effective, and natural alternative to painkillers, then this is the article for you.
But before you start using any of these remedies, I recommend you to discuss with your doctor so that the natural treatments won’t interfere with your current medication.
Who knows? Maybe you’ll be able to enjoy a pain free life sooner than you think.
So let’s start!
Devil’s Claw (Harpagophytum procumbens)
Although it has a particular name, this plant is more than capable of helping you vanish the pain caused by:
- liver issues
- heart burn
- lower back
- Osteoarthritis 3
How to use:
Choose one way to take this herb and stick to it for a month to see results:
- Brew a tea made with 1/2-1 tsp of the rhizomonous root per cup of water and let it simmer for up to 14 minutes. Drink this tea three times/day.
- Put 1-2 ml of devil’s claw tincture into a cup of water and drink this mixture three times daily.
- If you purchase pills from the store, then take those according to the label.
Birch Leaf (Betula Lenta)
These leaves act like cortisone (a drug used to treat endocrine disorders, arthritis, lupus, skin disease, autoimmune disorders, etc.).
And besides being a powerful pain reliever, just look at some of its additional healing properties:
- hepatoprotective 4
How to use:
- Brew a tea with 5 (dried or fresh) leaves for a large cup of water. Let the concoction steep for about 1 minutes. Drink this tea for three times a day.
- Prepare a homemade birch leaves oil to apply on painful areas on your body. Simply fill a jar with fresh leaves and pour sweet almond oil on top. Once it is full, cover it with a cloth and place it in a sunny area and leave it like this for a month.
Tip: Make sure to stir occasionally so that the leaves remain under the oil. After one month, strain the oil into a container and use it topically at your convenience.
The next time you go hiking, you should watch out for more than just the view.
Arnica is an amazing herb that helps reduce swelling and decrease pain considerably. 5
How to use:
If you suffer from osteoarthritis, apply an arnica gel product (like A. Vogel Arnica Gel, Bioforce AG, Switzerland) twice a day for up to 3 weeks and you should observe:
- Reduced pain and stiffness
- Improved function in the hands or knees. 6
Peppermint (Mentha piperita)
I bet you are already familiar with this plant but I couldn’t help mentioning it.
How could I when research has showed the amazing healing capacity of this herb.
Look at some of its properties:
- Anesthetic 7
To fully experience its healing benefits, you should drink daily at least three cups of tea and use peppermint oil to massage painful areas.
Fruits with Painkilling Zing
These exotic fruits contain bromelain, a natural pain-reducer and is rich in vitamin C (just half a cup of pineapple juice provides 50% of an adult’s daily recommended amount of vitamin C).
Also, you get to enjoy these added benefits:
- Regulates blood pressure and heart rate
- Treats rheumatoid arthritis and to speed tissue repair
- Gets you rid of nausea and vomiting
- Improves brain health and memory
- Cures constipation and irregular bowel movement
How to use:
- Drink 3 ½ ounces of fresh pineapple juice three times daily before meals or eat a slice of fresh pineapple before each meal.
- Consume bromelain supplements (taken from Pineapple stems) as indicated on the label. 8
Delicious and painkilling machines!
These small ruby cherries contain anthocyanins which have the ability to lower down your pain significantly.
Several studies have shown that consuming tart cherry juice for 7 days prior to (and during) a strenuous running event can minimize post-run muscle pain. 9
Plus, you get to enjoy these added benefits:
- enhance recovery of muscle function
- inhibit exercise-induced inflammation
- stop oxidative stress
- eliminate pain 10
And because sleep is extremely important for successful pain management, I couldn’t stop to mention that cherries are also rich in melatonin. This substance helps to regulate your sleep. 11
So, what are your thoughts on these remedies?
Have you tried any of them before?
Please share with me your thoughts in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE, who knows who else you’re going to help ease their suffering.
If you have any questions or inquiries, feel free to write them down.
To your health!