Do you want to spice up the long and cold nights of winter?
Well, this flavorful mulled cider recipe will blow your mind. It’s healthy, flavorful and a great replacement for hot chocolate (which is most of the time filled with too much sugar).
If you’ve forgotten how damaging to your health sugar is, check it out here -> Sugar and Cocaine – What Do They Have in Common?
So, to avoid the consequences of too much sugar, try this mouth-watering mulled apple cider. In addition, you will also enjoy its health properties.
Read more about it -> 5 Lesser-Known Health Benefits of Apples
Also, the spices added to this recipe will bolster your health like you’ve never seen before. Not to mention that it will increase your body’s capacity to burn fat faster and lose those extra pounds.
But, let’s get down to preparing this amazing sizzling mulled cider:
3rd Recipe till Christmas: Mulled Apple Cider with Exotic Spices
- 3 (3-inch) sticks cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- 4 cardamom pods, pressed until they just crack open
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/2 star anise pod
- 1 quart (900ml) high-quality apple cider
You may also add: stevia, lemon zest, freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- Turn slow cooker to high and add apple cider. Cover and set aside.
- Heat a small skillet on medium-high and add spices.
- Toast, stirring frequently, until spices are fragrant and coriander seeds begin to darken.
- Set aside and either transfer to a reusable spice bag or add loose to cider.
- Cover and let cider mull on high (reduce if it begins to bubble) for about 4 hours, or until spice flavor is well infused.
- Ten minutes before serving, add brandy.
- Add sugar, 1 rounded teaspoon at a time, if cider is too tart (sugar will bring out flavor of spices if needed).
- Serve plain, or with a slice of lemon, extra brandy, or a small grating of nutmeg.
- If keeping warm for service, remove spices.
What do you think of this recipe?
Share with me your own pics of the mulled cider and let me know the impressions of your guests.
Missed the 2nd Healthy Christmas Recipe? Check it out here -> Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Tomatoes – Healthy Christmas Recipe Nr. 2
Do you want to see the first one? Click here -> Baked Pears – Healthy Christmas Recipe Nr. 1
Don’t forget to SHARE and LIKE so that others can benefit from this beverage as well.
Also, tomorrow there’s another special recipe “brewing” for you, so come back at Healthy Day Today and see what’s in store for you next.
To your health!