“The greatest wealth is health.”
That’s true; yet, when you begin to experience pain and suffering you’d do anything to get rid of it and become healthy again.
And since we’re on this topic, most of us after a certain age experience unbearable knee pain.
Fortunately, you don’t have to look too far for a solution. I prepared for you 3 easy fixes for you that are easy to do and don’t take a long time.
“The Persian Gift”
Relieve pain, ease inflammation, and improve blood circulation with this simple mustard oil massage.
How to use it:
- Heat two tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Fry one garlic clove (chopped) in it until it turns brown.
- Cool and strain the oil.
- Massage your aching knee with the lukewarm oil in circular motions.
- Cover the knee with plastic wrap and use warm towels to apply heat for a few minutes.
Do this twice daily for about one or two weeks.
“The Ancient Knee Pain Remedy”
Fenugreek seeds possess both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. This power-combo is potent enough to reduce your aching knees.
How to use it:
- Roast and grind a handful of fenugreek seeds and store them in an airtight jar.
- Mix two teaspoons of this powder and add enough water to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected knee area.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
Use this remedy twice daily for a week.
“Mother Nature’s Trusted Anesthetic”
Eucalyptus oil is nature’s pain-reliever, so use it freely.
How to use it:
- Blend together five to seven drops each of both eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil.
- Then, mix in two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Store the mixture in a dark glass bottle, away from direct sunlight.
- Rub this mixture onto your knees whenever they ache.
- Make sure to massage gently so that the oil penetrates deep into your skin.
Also, you can use this self-massage technique to boost blood flow and ease inflammation:
- Lie down and lift your knee above your heart.
- Place your thumb on one side of the joint and your fingers on the other.
- With very light pressure and long strokes, slide your hand over your knee toward your heart.
I recommend you do this for 5 minutes, twice a day-or anytime you notice swelling.
To boost your recovery even further, follow these preventive measures:
- Wear the right kind of shoes and sandals.
- Avoid wearing high heeled shoes.
- Avoid “knee-busting” activities.
- Take magnesium and omega-3 supplements on a regular basis.
- Go for a brisk walk for 15 minutes daily.
- Do not smoke because it slows healing (among others).
- Drink more water to soften cartilage and keep yourself hydrated.
- Compress the knee with a knee brace or wrap.
- Keep your legs in an elevated position to reduce swelling and pain.
Oh, and before I go, I have an EXTRA gift for you. This is something I like to call: Rock and roll it! This is a great way to improve flexibility and loosen tight muscles that can put pressure on your joint.
Rolling the outsides of your thighs is a great pain alleviating secret because it can relax the muscles in this area.
If you feel pain after a long walk or run, rolling your quads or hamstrings with the help of a foam roller can loosen your big muscles, thus improving the tracking of your kneecap.
To better understand how to use the foaming roller, watch this video
Make the pain vanish away with these tricks and let me know how that went!
Also, what others remedies do you know that work?
Don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE!
To your health!