Today, I want to share with you a few delicious recipes with horseradish that will help you benefit from the potent effects of this incredibly resistant root.
Read more -> Horseradish Health Benefits
Horseradish Healthy Recipes
- 1 small bun
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of horseradish
- 1/2 grilled chicken breast
- 1 salad leaf (optional)
- Grate the carrot and celery and then mix them with the sour cream, mustard and horseradish.
- Spread the composition evenly over the wrap, and then add the chicken breast cut into cubes.
Tip: You can also add a salad leaf on one half before spreading the composition.
Tuna Horseradish Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon of grated horseradish
- a few fresh parsley leaf
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 lemon
- 1 canned tuna
- pepper grains
- 1 tomato
- 1 or 2 lettuce leaves
- Wash the tomato and the lemon and cut them both into slices.
- Wash the horseradish and grate it.
- Wash the salad leaves and dry them with a napkin.
- Drain the fish from the extra oil and then add the lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Now put the place between two buns or bread and enjoy.
Tuna Horseradish Salad
If you want to enjoy a lighter tuna horseradish version, then do the following: on a plate put the salad leaves and over the salad, add the tuna, the grated horseradish, the tomato and the lemon slices. Then sprinkle the pepper grains and the fresh parsley.
Fish with Tomato and Horseradish Sauce
- 2 pieces of fillets (cod, haddock or bass)
- 1 spoonful of horseradish
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 average tomato
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 200 g of yogurt or sour cream
- green dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of oil
- Boil the tomato and then chop it once it has cooled down for a bit.
- In a bowl, add the following: the horseradish, the lemon juice, the yogurt or the sour cream, a bit of salt and pepper, the chopped tomato and the green dill and then you mix everything together really well.
This sauce goes really well with fish, veal and even chicken.
Here’s what you need to do if you like fish as much as I do:
Clean up the fish really well (use cod, haddock, bass or whatever else you enjoy the most), then wash it and thoroughly drain it of all the water with a napkin. Then flavor it with salt, pepper and thyme. In a pan, add a bit of oil and fry the fish on both sides.
Serve it with the tomato horseradish sauce.
Pork Chops with Horseradish Sauce
- 4 pork chops (~ 150 g/piece)
- 50 g flour
For the sauce:
- 50 g flour
- 50 g butter
- 200 ml of milk
- 50 g horseradish
- 50 g of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Salt the pork chops, and then fry them in oil on both sides until they get brown.
- Afterwards, take them out from the pan and put them on a plate
Now, let’s make the sauce:
- Prepare a white sauce from melted butter, flour and milk.
- Add the sour cream mixed with a teaspoon of flour, and then add the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If your sauce looks thick, you can also dilute it with 100 ml soup (water).
- Add the pork chops in the sauce and leave on low heat for ~ 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, we grate the horseradish and add it to the sauce after we turn off the fire.
Serve hot with potato garnish.
What other horseradish recipes do you know of?
I look forward to reading your replies and don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE if you enjoyed these recipes.
To your health!