Did you manage to escape the cold or flu so far?
I’m asking because there may be other healthier alternatives than popping pills to make the flu disappear faster.
A simple, natural, and effective solution to boost your immune system is by eating a few spoonfuls of electuary.
You may also know it under the name of majoon or majun.
Either way, its health properties are amazing and you will benefit a lot from it.
If you’ve never heard of one before, you should know that an electuary is a mix of powdered herbs and honey (preferably raw).
The result is a pasty mass suitable for oral administration.
Electuaries are simple herbal remedies that you can make in the comfort of your home in just a few minutes.
But their effect will last for a few months at least. Also, because honey has low moisture content and natural antibacterial properties, your electuary will have an almost indefinite shelf life.
However, you should know that children under 1-year of age don’t have the ability to properly digest honey.
So do not give these remedies to small children.
As with any other remedy, you should check with your doctor before using any electuary because it may interact with your medication.
And of course, if you are allergic to any ingredient, then don’t use it in your electuary.
Choose only the herbs that are good for you.
So, let’s start!
Electuaries are very versatile and almost impossible to mess up.
So, if you are new to preparing natural remedies, they are an excellent place to start.
You will need:
- Powdered herbs
- If you don’t have powdered herbs, just put your dried herbs through a blender until powdered.
- The thinner the powder, the smoother the electuary will be.
- High-quality honey
- I recommend Manuka honey, but usual honey is good too.
- Place the dried, powdered herbs in a bowl.
- Add just enough honey to make a paste (you decide how thick you want it to be).
- Store in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and use it when needed.
- If you want its texture to be more like a syrup, add fewer herbs in proportion to honey.
- If you like thick pastes that can even be rolled into lozenges, add more herbs in proportion to honey.
If you want to boost your immunity, then you should take a spoonful a day.
But, if you are already sick, then I advise you to take it more often to speed recovery.
Types of Electuaries
You can customize your herbal electuaries in infinite ways based on your family’s needs.
You can add a single herb or a blend and you can use it for a specific purpose or just for boosting your immunity.
These are some electuaries that I strongly recommend:
Golden Milk Electuary
- Mix a tbsp. of turmeric tea into a cup (8 oz) of warmed water or coconut milk for instant turmeric tea.
- You can use 1 tsp each of turmeric powder and cinnamon powder.
- Add dried ginger powder and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Mix with honey to make a paste.
This electuary helps your body recover from illness faster.
You can either take a spoonful of this electuary or add it in your tea.
Sore Throat Electuary
- Mix equal parts of powdered peppermint leaf and marshmallow root with enough honey to make a very thick paste and form it into lozenges.
This recipe is great for easing the pain of a sore throat. Just suck on the lozenges whenever you feel your throat is hurting.
- Mix powdered chamomile with honey.
- Add a tiny pinch of sea salt.
It promotes relaxation before bed.
Take a tablespoon of this electuary before bed or add it in your tea one hour before going to sleep.
- Mix equal parts of peppermint leaf and dried ginger with honey to make a thick peanut butter consistency.
It relieves stomach aches. Take a spoonful of this mixture whenever you need to.
Vitamin C Electuary
- Mix equal parts of powdered Camu Camu, rose hips, and hibiscus to make a Vitamin C rich powder.
- Add just enough honey to make a very thick paste.
It raises your immunity levels.
You can take a spoonful of this electuary or turn the paste into little pills or lozenges.
- Mix powdered Echinacea root with raw honey to make a thick paste.
You should take Echinacea in this form because without honey it has a pungent taste.
In the form of an electuary, it is much easier for you to consume it.
Have you ever made an electuary before?
Hit the LIKE button and SHARE it with your friends so that they can use this amazing natural remedy too.
To your health!