Have you ever wondered how it would be like to change the way you eat? Did it ever occur to you that you could replace meals with juices, smoothies or shakes?
And no, that would not harm your body at all. They would just boost your metabolism and immunity because your body can break down the substances much faster when they are in liquid form.
I have a challenge for you!
What if instead of your regular meals, you would take my guidance for just one day and try these recipes that I’ve prepared for you.
Usually, you would have some eggs and bacon, or milk with cereals. Some people only gulp down a hot coffee and flee to work.
But what if I would give you a delicious and nutritious replacement?
What about a Coconut Almond Protein Shake?
Besides being delicious, it gives you the energy you need to tackle a new day. Read further to find out how to prepare it.
For the nuts:
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 2 cups warm water
For the shake:
- 2 cups of cold water
- 1 teaspoon kosher or Celtic sea salt
- 1 rounded scoop vanilla protein powder (with no added sugar)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (or substitute coconut oil)
- Honey, to taste (optional)
One night before, you need to activate the nuts by breaking down the naturally occurring phytic acid (which can cause bloating and other digestive issues), and it also helps activate the enzymes in them. You need to do the following, so you make it easier for your body to digest:
- Combine almonds, coconut, 2 cups warm water, and salt in a container.
- Make sure the nuts are completely covered with water, if not, add more water.
- Cover and let sit 8 hours or overnight at room temperature.
The next morning
- Drain the almonds and coconut from the soaking water.
- Discard the water and add the soaked almonds and coconut to a blender.
- Add 2 cups filtered cold water to a blender along with ice, protein powder, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, and coconut butter or oil.
- Puree until very smooth (about 4 minutes with a conventional blender).
Tip: If you prefer a thinner shake, you can pass through a fine sieve to remove the almond meal.
And done! Enjoy it!
Now that you satisfied your sweet tooth, you need to satiate your hunger. Therefore, I thought you deserve a special juice recipe that tastes just like Pizza.
- Basil (dried) – 1 dash, ground
- Cauliflower – 1/2 head medium (5-6″ dia.)
- Cucumber – 1 cucumber (8-1/4″)
- Onion (spring/scallion) – 1 large
- Tomatoes – 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Place the ingredients into a juicer.
- Mix well and enjoy.
Tip: You can sprinkle oregano over it to add that specific Italian flavor.
After a long day, you deserve something very healthy and nutritious for your body. You need to give it proteins so that it can regenerate properly. Therefore, I am recommending you the Green Smoothie!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup or handful ice
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- ¼ cup Chobani plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- ¼-1/2 cup coconut water (I start with ¼ and add as needed)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend everything until it’s smooth.
- Add more coconut water if needed.
Also, if you are the type of person that works out in the evening, this smoothie is the best kind of food for the proper growth of your muscles.
I am very curious how you feel after trying this challenge!
Please let me know how it went and which recipe did you enjoy best!
As always, your health is in your hands!