We perceive the world through our senses (eyesight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch). But we see the world only through our eyes and nothing compares to what they can perceive.
Your eyes are very sensitive organs and you must always give them much attention.
Simple Steps to Keep Your Eyes in Excellent Shape
1st Step: Eat your way to a good eyesight.
You can maintain proper functioning of your eyes with a healthy dosage of certain vitamins and minerals:
- Eat fruits and vegetables, particularly dark leafy greens such as spinach, kale, or collard greens.
- Eat fish high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, tuna, and halibut twice per week. If you don’t like fish, take a daily omega-3 supplement.
- Important Vitamin A: Carrots contain a sizable amount a beta-carotene, a substance that converts to Vitamin A in the body.
- Vitamin C: Include oranges, strawberries, broccoli, bell peppers, and Brussels sprouts into your daily intake.
- Vitamin E: Include seeds, nuts, wheat germ, and vegetable oils into your diet.
- Zinc: Include beef, pork, shellfish and peanuts into your food.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin: Eat kale, spinach, broccoli, and peas.
These antioxidant vitamins may play a role in slowing the onset of macular degeneration and cataract formation.
2nd Step: Follow the below tips to maintain good eyesight.
• Never go to bed with your eye makeup still on. It can get into your eyes and cause irritation.
• Limit your time looking at computer, tablet, and phone screens.
• Position your computer so that you are looking straight at the screen.
• Stop smoking! If you smoke, there is a risk of developing age-related macular degeneration, cataract, and optic nerve damage, all of which can lead to blindness.
• Press cold cucumber slices gently for 10 minutes before going to bed to help treat and prevent eyelid and under eye puffiness.
• Clean your hands and your contact lenses properly to avoid the risk of infection.
Your eyes can offer you: enjoyment, learning, and more fulfillment in life.
So take good care of them!
What do you do to preserve the health of your eyes?
Have you used these tips before?
Don’t forget to hit the LIKE button and SHARE.
To your health!