Back pain can be very stressful and disabling for most people. Although it is a very common illness that one can easily develop, it is a treatable health condition.
Treatments for Minor Cases of Back Pains
1. Epsom Salt – Fill your bathtub with warm water and three tablespoons of Epsom salt.
2. Heating Pads – Heated pads will help relieve muscle spasms. Use them for 20-30 minutes at a time.
3. Acupuncture – Acupuncture can stimulate the body’s central nervous system to discharge natural pain-relieving endorphins.
Herbs and Supplements
You can find herbal supplements in capsule or powder form, or as teas.
Pain Relief Supplements
- White Willow Bark: effects are similar to taking aspirin.
- Devil’s claw: 400 mg three times daily. It is used to treat arthritis.
When the muscles around your spine are tensed, the back pain intensifies.
- Kava Kava is considered by some doctors a safe alternative to Xanax and Valium.
- Black Haw relieves muscle spasms.
- Jamaica Dogwood is used to treat muscle inflammation and spasms. You should not use it with sedatives, and massive amounts could be harmful.
- Boswellin: take 150 mg three times daily. It has been proven in clinical trials to help alleviate low back pain.
- Curcumin: take 400-600 mg three times daily.
You should only take these herbs following the recommendations of an herbal specialist. If you are particularly thin or heavy, you should consult an expert before taking the supplements.
Natural supplements will not relieve pain immediately, but you will definitely notice improvements.
You need to take them for a few weeks or even months before you see consistent results, but it’s the safest way to regain your health – brick by brick.
Even more, if your back hurts, it might seem like a good idea to rest, but to reduce or eliminate your back pain you should move in moderation and maintain a correct posture.
What do you think of these tips?
Do you have other remedies you’ve tried that worked?
Don’t forget to hit LIKE and SHARE.
To your health!