During the holidays we tend to overburden our digestive system with greasy, fatty foods and alcohol. And this type of foods and drinks can drag us down mentally, emotionally and physically.
That’s why it would be great to switch it up a bit and prepare something lighter and healthier. Therefore, I’ve chosen this simple and mouthwatering salad recipe for you.
And the best part, it contains beets, which are incredible for your health
So, don’t miss out on this opportunity to improve your health, and get to cooking:
Crispy Beet and Mozzarella Salad – Healthy Christmas Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb. medium beets, scrubbed, trimmed and cut into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber, chopped
- 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 c. arugula
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, torn
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In medium bowl, toss beets with 2 tablespoons oil and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt; arrange in single layer on 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
- Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, switching racks halfway through.
- Let cool.
- In large bowl, toss cooled beets with cucumber, radishes, arugula, vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1⁄2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Divide among serving plates; top with mozzarella.
One serving of crispy beet salad has 130 calories. Now, isn’t that a steal? A healthy delicious meal that also helps you with your weight goals.
What are your thoughts on this recipe?
Can’t wait to read them in the comment section and if you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE.
To your health!