These bodies of ours go through a lot, especially in this day and age. There’s the stress that haunts and torments our minds daily.
And then there are the pollution particles that strain our immune system and suppress its beneficial activity.
Our bodies really have to go through a lot. That’s why when disease strikes us, we are taking a really long time to heal. If we’re lucky.
But hold on for just a second. Because you can make sure you’ll be healthy enough to experience a speedy recovery and enjoy an overall wellbeing.
How, you ask?
Well, have you ever heard of chlorella?
Chlorella is an incredible single-celled freshwater micro-alga, which has a grass-like smell.
Its emerald like color is given by its rich content of chlorophyll – in fact, no other plant in the world contains such a high amount of chlorophyll.
And do you know what’s even more interesting? One Chlorella alga is as big as a human red blood cell.
Often referred to as the amazing “green superfood”, chlorella has countless benefits.
Chlorella, The Miracle Algae
- detoxes your entire body of heavy metals, like mercury
- supports and powers up your immune system
- drops your high cholesterol levels  
- relieves PMS 
- restores your wellbeing, thanks to its antioxidant properties which fight chronic diseases, like cardiovascular disease[8,9]
- protects your eyes from harm  and improves vision in people with inherited eye diseases 
- adjuvant in weight management, boosts fat metabolism and insulin signal pathways 
- antitumor: studies have shown that chlorella stops the proliferation of cancer cells, by inducing apoptosis – also known as the programmed cell death 
- improves your digestion
- improves your power of concentration and combats brain impairment
- holds powerful antiaging effects, by slowing down cellular aging 
- increases your body’s insulin sensitivity and improves your glucose levels  
Other Benefits of Chlorella
It gives your skin a natural glow
Thanks to its nucleic acids that promote the regeneration of your cells, chlorella helps you enjoy a flawless skin.
And the reason behind it?
Chlorella is a fantastic source of antioxidants, like beta-carotene and lutein, and phenolic substances, like chlorogenic and caffeic acids – which destroy free radicals.
Because, you see, with every breath that we take in, our bodies generate free radicals – one of the things that makes us look old and makes us sick – internally, free radicals can trigger cell anomalies and diseases:
“If free radicals overwhelm the body’s ability to regulate them, a condition known as oxidative stress ensues.
Free radicals thus adversely alter lipids, proteins, and DNA and trigger a number of human diseases.”
– externally, they can cause your skin to look saggy and have a wrinkle-like texture.
So to mitigate the harmful effects of free radicals and for you to enjoy a glowing skin, you need to stimulate your body into regularly renewing its cells.
How can you make this happen?
The key is to consume plenty of essential nutrients that your body can then absorb into your bloodstream. And make your skin radiant.
Because what you eat on the inside then reflects on your outside.
In layman’s term, if your body cannot rely on nutrients to renew your skin cells, something else happens: your body will actually reverse, and even accelerate wrinkling, and aging spots, among others.
However, get this: scientists discovered that chlorella contains a bunch of essential nutrients that your body needs to promote cell regeneration.[22, 23, 24]. And carotene is the most important of them all.
Carotene zaps aging by acting as a powerful antioxidant lessening the damage triggered by pollution particles, UV light, or even smoking.
So, in other words, compounds inside chlorella, like carotene can actually reverse damage inflicted upon your skin by these free radicals.
And they can also accelerate the production of healthy new skin cells.
Chlorella Also Keeps Your Blood Pressure Levels in Check
A study showed that patients who consumed chlorella on a regular basis, over the course of 20 weeks, experienced optimized blood pressure levels, as opposed to those who hadn’t consumed chlorella at all. 
The same study also revealed that chlorella significantly inhibited the elevation of blood pressure in hypertensive rats. And that resulted in lower fractions of cerebral strokes.
Chlorella Also Improves Your Oral Hygiene
The nutritive combo of protein, vitamins and phosphorus inside it makes chlorella an ideal ally in reducing the serious symptoms of mouth ulcers, and tongue inflammation. 
Plus, due to its chlorophyll content, chlorella is nature’s mouth freshener, helping you get rid of bad breath.
Because all of these oral problems (tooth decay, cavities, gland atrophy, and infections) result from a sheer nutrient deficiency.
Source: Sheetal, Aparna et al. “Malnutrition and Its Oral Outcome – A Review.” Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research: JCDR 7.1 (2013): 178–180. PMC. Web. 1 Oct. 2018.
However, regular consumption of chlorella – which contains a vast list of nutritive substances – can help you avoid these problems and many others.
So How Much Chlorella Should You Consume/Day?
- for heavy metal detoxification – 5-7g of chlorella per day
- for a glowing skin – 1 to 2 teaspoons (3–4 grams)
- to lower cholesterol and high blood sugar levels – According to a study in the Journal of Medicinal Food, the recommended effective dosage is 8,000 mg per day, taken in two doses, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- for a stronger defense system – 5 grams/day
With its long list of healing properties, chlorella seems to be the discovery of the century.
So what do you think about its amazing healing properties?
I’m looking forward to reading your replies, so please hit the LIKE and SHARE buttons below.
To your health!