Not sure if you know this, but you can use chia seeds to make truly delicious, mouth-watering and healing desserts (that’s right!).
But there are plenty of other benefits to consuming chia seeds. They are truly a great alternative to the sweets you can find at the supermarket, you can make them at any time, and most important of all, they are filled with important life nutrients.
So let’s see what we have:
Chia Seeds Desserts
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or if you want, you can replace it with unsweetened coconut milk, or unsweetened oat millk)
- strawberries for topping
- Ideally, you want to make this in the evening so that you can consume it in the morning. Mix all of the ingredients and then store them in a mason jar, in the fridge. The trick here is that you need to let the chia seeds absorb the infused milk really well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a wide mouth mason jar and stir well. And guess what? As long as it’s properly sealed in a mason jar, you can store the pudding in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- The truly great part about making chia pudding is that you can mix and match all sorts of healthy ingredients. For instance, if you want to fortify your immune system, then you can just replace the chocolate powder with matcha powder, green tea or spirulina powder.
You can also add any toppings you like best, like a few pecan nuts, almonds, blueberries, etc.
This is a wonderful summer drink, easy to prepare and so refreshing. But you can also enjoy it in the colder season, as it has great health benefits and it’s incredibly nutritious.
This recipe is so simple; you can mix it in many ways:
1st Recipe: “Summer Melancholia”
I know it’s not summer yet, not even close, but that doesn’t mean we should forget the taste of it. Therefore, this drink will do the trick. You only need chia seeds, coconut water and pineapple juice. Mix them in equal parts in a jar and enjoy!
If it were summer, I’d recommend you to put it in the fridge, but there’s no need now.
2nd Recipe: “Immunity Kickstarter”
Improvise! Use lemon juice, honey, even cinnamon (or other immune boosting spices) and add them to your mixture.
Enjoy them in the morning or evening and tell me how you like to prepare them.
Smoothie with Fruits and Chia Seeds
- a teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 cup goat yogurt
- ½ banana
- ½ cup raspberries
- a few walnuts (or a few almonds)
- a few blueberries for the topping
Chop all the nuts and then put everything in the blender. You’ll get a creamy, consistent drink, great to help you kick-start your day.
So what do you think?
I look forward to reading your replies and don’t forget to hit LIKE and SHARE.
To your health!