You probably know by now that basil leaves have incredible health benefits. Today I want to give you a few ideas about how you can include this savory herb into your daily cooking.
So below, you’ll find a few health boosting recipes that are absolutely sensational. Take my word for it and give them a try, starting today.
So let’s see what we have:
Chicken Thighs with Carrots and Basil
- 10 chicken thighs
- one big carrot
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves
- 5 oz. fresh or dried basil
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 glass of red wine
- a pinch of oregano
- Roll the chicken thighs in a sauce made of olive oil, minced garlic, basil and oregano.
- Then place a layer of carrots in a pan, and add the chicken thighs.
- Pour a glass of red wine over the chicken and cover with an aluminum foil.
- Cook in the oven for one hour at medium heat.
- After 15 minutes, remove the aluminum sheet and leave everything in the oven for 45 minutes.
- From 15 to 15 minutes make sure you sprinkle the chicken thighs with the sauce from the tray.
Zucchini Pasta with Vegan Basil Pesto
- 5 oz. fresh or dried basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 oz. pine nuts
- salt to taste
- Turn the zucchini into pasta using a pasta making machine or you can cut the zucchinis on the long using a peeler.
- Now it’s time to make the pesto sauce: put the chopped basil and the garlic cloves in a blender, alongside the lemon juice and the olive oil, until you obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Mix the zucchini “spaghetti” with the pesto sauce and the pine nuts.
- You can also add cherry tomatoes, if you like.
It’s really simple to make and it’s truly delicious.
Immunity Boosting Lemonade with Basil
Who said that you can only drink lemonade during the hot summer days?
Remove the ice and you just got yourself a powerful immunity booster. So let’s see what you can do to improve your immunity levels during these cold days:
- 5 oz. lemon juice
- 5 oz. grapefruit juice
- 5 oz. lime juice
- 7 oz. honey
- 10 basil leaves
- 5 mint leaves (large)
- 20 oz. of water
- Dissolve the honey in water and then put it in the blender, alongside the basil and mint leaves, and mix for a few seconds.
- Add the lime, grapefruit and lemon juice and serve immediately.
You can try consuming this for a few days in a row, since it’s a great immunity booster that supports your body’s natural resistance and even helps you shorten the duration of colds.
Give it a try and see for yourself.
Related: 7 Immune Boosting Soups You’ll Love
Velvety Basil and Zucchini Soup
- 3 medium zucchinis, skin or cut in large chunks
- 5 oz. of fresh or dried basil
- 32 oz. chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, quartered
- salt and black pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese (optional, for topping)
- Put the chicken broth, onion, garlic and zucchini in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Once it begins to boil, bring the heat down and cover the pot.
- Let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let it cool off for a few minutes and purée with an immersion blender, until smooth.
- Flavor it with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
So what do you think? Which one is your favorite?
Let me know in the comment section below and don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE.
To your health!