After dinner, dessert is a must, especially in my house. I’m always searching the pantry for a snack or a bagel. Sometimes I ask my dear wife to make something for me. But just because it’s a dessert, that doesn’t mean it has to be unhealthy.
As years went by, my wife and I used our talents and sweet tooth to search for the best and healthiest desserts out there.
This recipe is one of many that you can serve at your Christmas dinner table or anytime you want.
Also, it’s very healthy because it contains apples. And I bet you know the saying “One apple a day keeps a doctor away.” Well, there’s a good reason behind it.
Here’s why you should consume apples more often -> 5 Lesser-Known Health Benefits of Apples
But, let’s not forget about our dessert:
Baked Apples with Granola’s – Healthy Christmas DessertIngredients:
- 5 heaped tbsp. granola
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ orange, zested and juiced
- 4 dessert apples (such as Cox’s or Braeburns), cored and scored around the circumference
- 20g butter
- crème fraiche or ice cream, to serve
- 1 tbsp. light brown soft sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Mix together the granola, cinnamon, sugar and orange zest and juice.
- Put the apples on a baking tray and spoon the granola mixture into the hole, spooning over any juice left.
- Top each one with a knob of butter and bake for 30 minutes until soft and sticky.
- Serve with a scoop of crème fraiche or ice cream.
You can pair this dessert with these:
What do you think of this recipe?
Don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE if you enjoyed it!
To your health!