Summer comes and so do allergies. If you suffer from their attacks or if you know someone who does, I have prepared five delicious beverages that will help ease and prevent those pesky allergic reactions.
In order to treat allergies, you need to consider adding natural antihistamine substances to your smoothie or juices:
- Vitamin C (oranges, lemons, kale, blackcurrants, cantaloupe, mango, cayenne pepper, green peas, tomatoes, kiwi, etc.)
- Flavonoids (oranges, tomatoes, green salad, parsley, etc.)
- Omega 3 (flax seeds, avocado, canola oil, etc.)
The recipes that I am providing for you are good not only for combating allergies but also for boosting your immunity and overall health.
They are easy to prepare, the only things you need are fresh products and a blender/ juicer.
Amazing Anti-Allergy Beverages
1st Recipe: Buttermilk Cantaloupe Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 cup cantaloupe
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon honey
Honey is another excellent antihistamine that fights off allergies.
It also has antibacterial properties, therefore, it kills the germs before some of these trigger the allergies.
2nd Recipe: The Green Anti-Allergy Smoothie
- 1 lemon
- 2 green apples
- 5 stalks celery
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 1 bunch parsley
- One pinch cayenne pepper
3rd Recipe: Strawberry Banana Flax Seed Smoothie
- 1 peeled banana
- 4-5 strawberries or other type of berries, or fruits
- 1 tablespoon of lecithin granules
- 1 teaspoon of flax seed oil
- Equal proportions of almond milk and apple juice
How to prepare:
In a coffee grinder, grind up around a teaspoon or less of the following:
- brown sesame seeds – are high in lecithin, Vitamin C, E, and calcium.
They also improve liver function and help in constipation related issues.
- sunflower seeds – are high protein, calcium, and iron.
They are some of the best natural foods which feed the entire body.
- flax seeds – are high in fiber.
- almonds – use around 6-7 or more.
They are high in calcium, phosphorus, and B-vitamins. Only eat a few, as they are high in calories.
After grinding the seeds, place them in the blender for 3-4 minutes.
If you need a little sweetness, you can add a little honey.
This is a powerful smoothie to give you morning power and it also activates your colon.
4th Recipe: Parsley Spinach Tomatoes Juice
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup of spinach
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- ½ cup lemon juice
Parsley is highly nutritious and is rich in Iron and Vitamin C, but pregnant women should avoid it.
Regular, healthy people should not consume more than 50 g of parsley juice/ day, as it becomes toxic for the body.
5th Recipe: Cayenne Pepper Lemonade
- 1,7 oz. spring water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
Besides prepping your organism against allergies, this lemonade improves digestion.
- It is also an excellent cleanser because it flushes out a part of the toxins accumulated in your body. It also purifies the blood.
- To improve the taste of the lemonade, use a bit of maple syrup.
Start incorporating these beverages into your daily diet and see the positive result that they bring.
Please let me know if you found this informative and if you want you can give me a comment on what you would like to know next.
As always, your health is in your hands.