Without a doubt – prevention is the best treatment.
But there are times when no matter how hard you tried to put a stop to a flu or a common cold, it still struck you down.
If that’s the case for you, here are five tips that will help you get over it as quickly as you caught it:
1. Drink plenty of water and unsweetened teas – their role is to flush the toxins out of your system.
When you are sick, the last thing you need is to keep poisonous substances wandering through your bloodstream as if they were fish in a pond.
Instead, turn the whole picture into a river and let the toxins flow away from your body.
Also, the reason I suggest avoiding sugar is because it acts as an inflammatory agent, slowing down your recovery.
Related: Blast Your Sugar Cravings Naturally
2. Keep your body temperature up – but don’t confuse that with fever!
While the latter has an internal infection as cause, what you need to make sure is that the environment is hot enough for you to perspire.
Take warm baths and keep more layers of clothes on, even if the temperature in the room is high enough.
Perspiration is another effective method to eliminate the toxins and hurry up the healing process.
3. Keep your mind away from it – even if you’re sick, do things that bring joy to your soul.
Spend some time with the family or engage in a certain activity you enjoy that you’ve been putting off for a while.
Don’t put energy into your sickly state, because you will perceive it as being worse than it really is.
Alternatively, you can think that’s only a period you needed in order to rest and take better care of yourself (because that’s what it is, in essence).
4. Keep your head high while sleeping – one of the most irritating symptoms during flu is the impossibility to breathe properly during the night.
Furthermore, this leads to a longer time of healing, because the body doesn’t get the proper amount of oxygen for quite a period of time.
Use two pillows instead of one, and avoid sleeping on your back, as this will favor chest congestion, as well.
5. Try aromatherapy – this as well will help you breathe normally, promoting a normal oxygen flow.
Moreover, it also induces a feeling of relaxation, which will prove useful when you want to keep your mind away from the disease!
Are there other anti-flu tips that you’ve used and proved succesful?
Share them with us in the comment section below.
To your health!